2 pounds beef Sirloin Steak, cut 3/4-inch to 1 inch
Garlic-Thyme Steak Rub:
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Lemon-Oregano Steak Rub:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine rub ingredients, as desired; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill to medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve half of steaks immediately, as desired. Cover and refrigerate remaining steaks for later use. Before serving, carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Makes about 1/3 cup of each rub
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Beef Checkoff