On a cold Kansas evening, there’s not much better than a steaming crock pot in the kitchen. Try this shredded roast beef with a Mexican style twist.
Total Recipe Time – Depending On The Crock Pot Setting:
- LOW Crock Pot Setting: 91/2 to 10-1/2 hours
- HIGH Crock Pot Setting: 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours
Makes 6 servings
- (1) 3 pound +/- Beef Roast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (optional)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- (2) cups of corn
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Jar of salsa
- add salt and pepper as desired
- For optional browning, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Brown beef roast on all sides.
- Place onion and garlic in 3-1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker; place roast on top. Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary and reserve 1 cup onion mixture. Shred beef with 2 forks. Combine shredded beef and reserved onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Continue as directed in RecipeServe in warmed flour or corn tortillas topped with pico de gallo, slice avocados, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro and/or chopped white or green onions, as desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Beef Checkoff
Related Products You Will Love